Senior Farewell: Ben Dye

Ben Dye, Class of 2018

Ben Dye, Staff Writer

I’m not really sure how to start this, but wow… high school flew by. Over these last 4 years, I’ve learned many things, met many people, and grown substantially as a person. I’ve found what I want to do for the rest of my life, and I couldn’t be more excited to see what the future holds. But first, let me go through a quick overview of my 4 years at this fascinating school.

Freshman Year:

In the summer of 2014,  I left my friends in California to embark on a new journey in Junction City, KS. I had previously lived in Fort Riley from 2004-2009 and had loved it before, so I was silently anticipating coming back, however, my mindset quickly changed.

This year was a low point in my life, as I was going through many challenges attempting to make friends, and figuring out who I was. I would like to thank Daniel for talking to me my first week there and becoming my temporary best friend for the time being. He gave me someone to talk to and I would like to thank him for that. Along with this, on Christmas Eve of 2014, I downloaded a free music software called LMMS, and made my first beat. Little did I know that I would remember this day for the rest of my life.

Sophomore Year:

This year was the time I began to love this place. This was the year I met my best friend, Owin, who on some non-corny stuff, changed my life. He introduced me to being more open, and helped me make some great friends. Although, I may not be as close to some of you as I use to, just know that I will always cherish the memories that we made together. The memories from this summer were some of my favorites, and I will never forget it. Thank you.

Junior Year:

At this time, I began to grow into the person I am today. I met two of my closest friends, Javontay and Jose;  began to make actual songs rather than beats; and met the girl that I am still dating to this day.

I was introduced to Romar, or Mage Boy, by my friend Shay, and since then I have been progressing at making music at a substantial rate. Romar helped me understand the music industry, and gave me hope that I may actually have a chance at pursuing music as a career.

Senior Year:

The year that changed everything. I have matured substantially this past year, and have progressed overall in music, my relationships, and my bank account. I could go on for a while about senior year, but I’m running out of time in this school day.

Finally, I would like to end this off with a thank you to everyone that has been a part of my high school experience. Thank you to Owin, Janine, Javontay, Jose, SaDante, Astryd, Romar, Jonny, Shay, Percy, Rob, Lloyal, Nick, Jasmin, Tay, Kenzie, Brian, Laramie, Chloe, Kennedy, Megan, Daniel, Mr. Walter, Mr. Garver, and Mr. McFarland. Whether you guys know it or not, you have changed my life, and I couldn’t thank you enough for it.