Senior Farewell: Anastazia Cortez

Anastazia Cortez, Staff Writer

High school has been a roller coaster for me. From being in Fairbanks, Alaska, my first three years of high school, to moving here to JC my senior year has been a huge change. I came into high school thinking it would be easy like middle school, and with the mindset that I could slack off, not turn anything in, and expect to graduate. Little did I know, it would take effort and hard work to get where I am now.

Moving my senior year was nerve racking and stressful, but I managed to pull through it thanks to the friends I made that turned into family. Being able to be a part of the girls soccer team is another plus of being here. The past three years of high school, I did not play any sports at all. A huge thank you to my best friend Jazmin Lechuga and the rest of the Lechuga family for pushing me to tryout this year and helping me when I needed them, you all have had a huge impact in my life. If it was not for all of them, my cousin Dariann, my mom, my dad, and my family, I would not be able to walk across the stage graduation night.

Junction City has really grown on me and is now considered home. Junction City High School has its flaws but the atmosphere is what makes things better. A huge shout out to Mr. Delehanty for being the best teacher throughout my entire high school years, he has helped me through everything and has helped me to achieve so much. To the underclassmen and upcoming freshman, do not EVER give up and say you cannot do it because YOU CAN! Yes, high school can be tough and yes you will be VERY stressed, but never stop following your dreams because in the end everything will be worth it.