Senior Farewell : Auh’ Shay Sanchez

Auh'Shay Sanchez, Photographer

Hello, fellow JCHS peers ,

I’m Auh’shay Sanchez. I was born in Junction City but raised in Georgia practically all my life until freshman year with visiting my dad’s side of the family every summer. Never did I think I  would attend the same high-school as many family members (Mom & Uncle ’99) – (Step-Mom & Dad ’97) and graduate with my brother which makes it all the more sweeter. Going into high school, I never knew what I wanted to become after high school, so I followed the crowd and said things like “I wanna be a doctor” later finding out that was something I didn’t want to do at all.  So with guidance from the great staff members, I gathered a basic idea of what I wanted.

Freshman year I met two teachers who I took a quick liking too. They made learning fun for a hands-on visuals learner such as myself and made me feel like I was important and not just another student. My best memories from my freshman year were in these classes.

Sophomore year was a very changing time with new beginnings. I just wanted to fit in and stand out but I felt stuck in the SET academy doing something I didn’t really want to do. Half-way throughout the year, after a miserable football season, I got closer to my photography teacher, Mr. Walter and a new teacher whom I had never met before named Mr. Engelman. I knew Mr. Walter because he was my sub once and had him for 2 classes, yearbook, and intro photography. J Walt in a way pushed me into getting photography and cameras. Later that year I started to work with Mr. Engelman more & more and my love for cameras grew.

Junior Year was my favorite year of them all. I released two short films by the name, “Raye Wilson : A Football Life ” & ” Comeback Kid : Aryus Jones” with help from Mr. Engelman. Mr. Engelman taught me everything I know about Photoshop, video, and took me under his wing in many situations.

My junior heading into senior summer I attended my first video competition with Mr. Engelman and old members of the Blue Jay media crew which was a great experience because  I’ll never forget it and I learned a lot. I will be attending this fall Butler Community College. I want to thank JCHS for 4 great years but

This year I will be attending Butler County Community College. I want to thank JCHS for four great years bit’sits time for me to go into the new world and see what god has planned for me on my new journey.